Saturday, August 23, 1997

who are the right people

questioning what you said
response showed me you were not ready
to be asked
what did you mean
you avoided the question
what makes a person right
who are these right people
forced to wonder if I am one of the right people
if I truly was would we have made sounds
for unknown ears to hear
smoke rises from the glass tray
do not know what to think about words
who are the right people
wish I could meet these right people
just so I could know what they are like
do not mind that I am not one of them
right people if in fact I am no
great silent one who may know          
many things that I do not
what makes you my judge
a judge of anyone for that matter
who are the right people
what makes these people right
who is to say if they won’t
be wrong someday or everyday
though sometimes I might be right
to you I am wrong and that is too bad…

No comments: