Saturday, August 30, 1997

back om

train station many faces
all the same no expression
one walks higher than the rest
finally found at the end of a long journey
back om
so many think of you in many ways
who met you on you return home
where your light is seen and felt the most
right and left becoming opposite
as you sit lotus position
no one quite understands
your importance as I do
back om
still can't see the sun through clouds
new beads and prayers upon the return of
sit and think my smoke keeps me a step behind
ahead of those who just watch and wonder
what this special bond might be
back om
not much changing and there is so much different
it is just another day and I don't smell what they do
though they see the same picture
it is quite distorted in their eyes
not knowing the power in a simple smile
back om
our rivers becoming one again
three months ago I was a stagnant pool
and you a flowing stream
new sun shining on me
knew your light was needed here again
back om
arriving so that chapters can be closed
and books ended new beginning's and
another grandfather's wake
awake though seemingly lifeless
more now that the sun is shining
east wind blowing in a direction so real
only few here to see with souls
split a life ago is not so long
back om
the prodigal son returns to the feast
knowing how the story goes
don't let the waves break my concentration
never leaving my spot focus on center
allowing energy to flow straight through
to another thought how happy
as everyone that you are here
back om...

No comments: