Sunday, August 31, 1997

so many words

feel I owe you something
tells me when I write
down thoughts
don’t always appear
as planned
on speaking to you
were not around
me only book and pen
too over
many minutes
searching through thoughts
may come as a surprise
myself at times…

so I must apologize
for jumping down
your throat with words
don’t fit
this may not see
any eye but yours
are the important
ones here
what I have to say
I am sorry is an
understatement
to explain before you read
in the face I am…

after a long summer
both now on separate roads
that will cross seldom
does one make friends
that last and stand
the test of time
comes in life when
few things actually matter
of fact many times
I couldn’t tell what
made a difference
and what did not
mean to offend you
are one who I draw close
the window
stayed open a little bit longer…

can’t control frustration
is an emotion, a feeling
you know as well as I
cannot make sense out of
what my mind
does not want me
to ignore
what has been said
I thought long and hard
to handle
broken arrow pointing
me in the wrong

direction at times…

No comments: