Saturday, August 30, 1997

average stranger

today is the day and gone down the drain
follow the water slipping and sliding
finally waking from the daze clouding view from

where I sit is not too good as smoke floats directly
into my eye tears will not fall to the floor       
where bare feet stand firm tell me where I

am going and where I have been real before more
days until leaves call my name spoken by
few of us here have any answers to speak of

this is wonderful sight and sound becoming one
and learning the ways in order to get a           
better understanding again not so tall as

before more weeks and a month long journey to        
where the road sharply turns and tossing
restless sleep disturbed by a thief steal my

shut eyes and I fall face flat smash crashing rain
makes a crooked hat seem so straight ahead
down the road from where I work at

becoming what I might need more than

the average stranger…

No comments: