Tuesday, June 7, 2016

sky watching

watching the sky go from
light to darkness
back to light with a few
stray rumbles in the distance
the forecast is a murky one
for the night
a new book to fill
puts a silver lining around that cloud
and all the ones I will put
around my head all night
and most of the day
spent thinking writing
and being inspired by the silence
of this warm day seeing years
ahead and behind as one
big blended picture
at times the colors mix
and things need to be slowed down
to notice the important details
remember all the people I used
to write with around about and they
become the painting called the past
and most of the time I will keep
on walking without a thought
at times I linger because there are
a few I wouldn't mind seeing again
as if they would even remember
and maybe they do mostly though
I think too much and have to spend
the day erasing old thoughts
and broken dreams from the mind
how many books will it take
and I wonder the date when this
book might be full...

No comments: