Wednesday, October 1, 1997

clouds moving fast

clouds move fast in the five o’clock sky
growing dark knowing not why
I sit here the way I do
not know why, but it gets me through
to another day seeing tomorrow
will come, won’t steal, maybe borrow
a thought or two, fit into place
this name at the bottom, ignore this face
in the glass, staring right at me
and I don’t know what I see
so many pass right by my side
where I hold those, who will I confide
in and out of unusual states
stacking up like unwashed plates
pile up from the weight up on top
of another thought, it will not stop
at the end or beginning of what
no one knows what it is they have got
what it takes as I sway side to side
trying to find a place I can hide
in all of the rubble that is left behind
and I can’t remember those papers I have signed
my name to the papers I see in the sky
clouds moving fast, but can’t ask them why…

No comments: