Friday, October 3, 1997

just like today

truth be told me to keep silent night tonight is no
different song for each time I arrived with
pen in hand me the book I will read the

news this morning the sun was shining bright now
it is dark as night time comes sooner as the
days approach the side of the building

blocks for the future looks as dim as today is no
different than tomorrow or yesterday was
just like today…

I won’t look around don’t want to contact eyes
around me the dogs are barking at the suns
reflection scares me as well dug deep down

below busy streets signs telling me which way to go
on thinking I am better I am not I still
won’t look around don’t want my emotions

to be known they are painted on my face covered
and the waitress won’t pay attention to me
because I only got a coffee and a small dish

only dropping a couple of dollars making no sense
right now and I think ahead to tomorrow
no doubt it will be just like today…

No comments: