Monday, September 29, 1997

no sleeping

and as I slouch a bit
too hot in here
the jester sings a song
no sleeping tonight I will not go to bed
worried I will never amount to anything
great journey ahead pokes up from
the ashes I will soon become
back to my mind and what
would you say
that I heard you
will not listen again
I am struggling to keep my head above water
surrounding and wish I could swim   
around the world if I had to do
what was done is done out of jealousy
though I do not know for what
am I doing in this place again
killing myself daily and I guess
I don’t care
too much not tasting the soup
the ladle serves no purpose any longer
shorter as the heat inside rises
peaks and falls right before
those who judge us all…
and if we can’t find truth here
where else could we possibly find it?

No comments: