Sunday, October 5, 1997

uneasy does it

thought for a moment I knew who I was
I was wrong answer the question hasn’t been
asked me for a quarter only have two dimes

and that won’t even make a phone call these days
won’t end with the sun disappearing as if it
knows something we don’t ask too much

and so details are lost before the answer is given or
taken too much of something making me
feel uneasy does it make sense to you?…

saw a razor on the floor
shines it has just been washed and I guess
that’s why I slipped and fell from my stand

position I wouldn’t ordinarily give up
or down the scale can’t hold all
the heavy people come and go away

from     the edge of the cliff crumbles under foot
before a decision is made me feel a little uneasy
does it make sense to you?…

my left eye is   watering
the nice lawn in the front yard two teenagers
throw a football and it hits me

that I am no longer young
cannot find the time to sit
and think never mind anyway

the front lawn was mowed two months ago
who cares as the weeds fill in the spots
I see before my eyes can’t tell me

what I do not know why
but I feel real uneasy
does it even make sense to you?…

No comments: