Tuesday, January 21, 1997

nothing concluded 19

more than one year ago
locked eyes
no idea
a day would come
nothing concluded

seen many things
together and
alone made many mistakes
all and all
things aren’t so bad

never expected to be
what he would be
simply what I am
and I thought
I might be more than that by now

not that what I am
is somehow less
it’s just not what
one might have expected
nothing concluded

wishing well
on the future
wherever Iowa is
hope all is well
finally hit me that you left

sometimes it’s hard
not to wonder what things
may have been like
had things turned out different
an artist

no idea what’s being drawn
until it’s done and gone
and on it’s way
keep the lines tight
write all night

nothing concluded
and they will say everything
happens for a reason
sometimes it just isn’t
a good enough one. . .

No comments: