Sunday, January 12, 1997

nothing concluded 14

can’t understand
their words
intoxicated
with babble
they transmit.

silent one beside me
uncomfortable
but why
the others
put off their vibe.

enjoy being
who I am
whoever
that may
be.

hear the words
telling me to
stop
embarrassing
those around me.

can’t be too loud though
they do not leave
and then they
come back
tomorrow.

forced to wonder
if I make
a difference at all
I wouldn’t exist, to them,
if they never saw me.

silence, to me
never is a bad thing
two or more people
should be able to share
silence.

bathing our thoughts
in conversation,
but even our minds
need rest
from time to time.

I watch my smoke twist
toward
one who
is uncomfortable
with silence.

sitting quiet
as the wooden one
up on my mantle
silent as I remember
nothing concluded...

No comments: