Sunday, January 19, 1997

nothing concluded 17

polished silver
and I know it’s
not real
second place tonight
like this

given a ring
but does it mean
anything
because the phone
never does

not angry
or bitter
just commenting on
the sound of silence
used to it

there is nowhere
at times I choose
to place myself
one night a week at least
enjoying the silence of the mind

trying more often
and failing to accomplish
at home
what I can one night a week
in silence

caught up in selfishness
my own thoughts
disappear into
the recesses
of this mind

not completely negative
as some might think
and sometimes
it even helps moving
from one step to the next

eleven o’clock
the night is young
no longer worried
for some reason my eye
is watering

a constant hoarse voice
babbling in the corner
and it is
annoying to the point
of total distraction

young still feeling
older with each day
that passes and there
is still much to be learned
nothing concluded

alone
and treated kindly by one
knows me only by
face and name
alone

eye am listening to the river
first I had to find
and sit near it
quiet comes there
nothing concluded. . .

No comments: