Tuesday, January 7, 1997

nothing concluded 12

loud obnoxious teenagers
making my ears bleed
my eyes hurt to look
at them
seeing ten clones.

facial piercing
not an expression
of self
instead, a billboard
screaming ‘I’m different!

kurt cobain died
two years ago
so wipe your pseudo tears
and jump on the next
bandwagon, as it trails by.

sporting hair as strange
as possible and dog collars
wonder why they stare
I am drunk off of
their senseless babble. 

taking center stage
the freak show circus
of this place that once
was so quiet
and allowed my mind to wander.

eight girls two boys
shock value teens
afraid to be themselves,
desire to fit into
the puzzle somewhere.

starving for attention,
but they only create it,
although I am not one
to judge
looking as I do.

if I could get past the
pseudo-intellectual
conversation, I am
sure I could find ten
real people, but

they hide so wide,
comparing therapy
stories and what
they saw the last time
they took acid.

wishing I had some answers
for them, but they cannot
hear me, I am not weird
enough, I sit and observe
and still nothing concluded...

No comments: