Saturday, January 11, 1997

nothing concluded 13

recognizing my dharma
but will not
accept
the title
of a bum.

there are
a few with me,
join me nightly,
as often as
they can.

all of us
at different
stages of our lives
but converging
on this spot.

such a strange
and trendy spot
for us; those
who do not fit
mind-wise.

believe, myself,
that we are all
similar, but
still for some reason
I feel uncomfortable.

jack spoke of japhy
and the beats
as bums
dharma bums
am I similar?

the one who
has parallel
thought to mine
no longer comes
to this place.

all looking to him
as his plane
is much higher
state of being
revered, my guru.

many get lost in his
appearance
not important to him
knowing as I do
it is only the outer package.

know him as I do,
impossibility
only a dream
for the groups who stare,
but I won’t call them bums.

am I the only one
who knows, recognizes
my dharma
they seem inspired,
are they?

all that seems real
is only a dream
parts of the whole
incarnations circling
the cycle to escape.

bleeding my mind
nightly, here
but what is it
that I hope
to accomplish.

spinning thoughts
as the ceiling fan
with four lights
below and reading
the truths into them.

not all as accepting
as I
frowning upon new members,
but who
let them in?

no one has anything to say
and to think they
can exclude some
flaunts their selfish
attachments, afraid to bend.

when they tire, if they do
I will not make any stay
alone I will be
awaiting and remaining

so still, nothing concluded...

No comments: