Friday, January 15, 2016

cold under stars

tonight not as cold
still sitting under stars
forty-five minutes home
behind all the cars
slow moving traffic
music up loud
slow moving thoughts
now climb into this cloud
thick but it clears
as quick as it came
call it what you want
and I will give it my own name
then do it all over again
just to spite my face
can't stop a minute now
I have an incredible pace
to keep up won't stop
working until I am done
realizing each day
never an award to be won
barely credit given
what did I expect it this time
get home climb into the cloud
relax with a rhyme
a couple lines at a time
nothing too crazy
a couple lines at a time
maybe because I am lazy
to say it was a good day would be
an understatement mom got greatest news
not another day to lose
pain fades like the color of the bruise
each time they stuck her
in each arm
hoping the poison
would help not harm
and it did today is the day
we all move on strong
today is that day
we anticipated all along
so I smile for my mom
as I scribble words tonight
it's still cold under stars
but not too cold to write...