Tuesday, July 14, 2015

turned it off

turned off the television
for good in twenty twelve
don't even own one
it's on in other rooms
from time to time
can't be bothered with
the programming
like to choose
what I watch or even listen to
never like the radio either
always supply my own soundtrack
to my life mostly like it loud
turn of most who might approach
when they realize I don't
believe anything they realize
I don't believe anything they've
heard on what most people call the news
programs to watch and entertain could
be considered harmless but programs
to program are dangerous devices
to numb logic but of course I am crazy
to doubt and not believe anything
we are told we went to the moon
an believe it too much to trust in so many
that deceive to control and maybe truth
will never be told it's too cold to fly
over the south pole and believe it too
much faith in the modern technological
age Mr. Orwell told us it would be used against
us in tyrannical hands and maybe he got
the year wrong but in so many other ways
he was right on and the double speak
can be seen and heard on the news
and we believe it too until
we finally turn it off...

No comments: