Thursday, July 30, 2015

quiet to the world

at what point
was I told to follow
in order to get
where the others
are going
forward in the direction
of success most of
the successful I know
are hardly happy
or clinically depressed
but that is using
society's definition
of successful
there are still those
who do what they love
to do and work to pay
also what they have to do
and sometimes call
themselves quiet to the world
but at what point
did I realize there is no one to follow
it's all an illusion
and we can only lead ourselves
somehow I feel successful
in that realization alone
but I move forward
as well quiet to the world
pushing words before eyes
before stars appear
in the night skies above
the clouds moving quickly
rain too will be quick to pass
with much too much thought
throw it to the stars
and see what comes back in dreams...

No comments: