Friday, July 3, 2015

this day we sit on

my brother asks me
what difference it really makes
no matter what lies told
we still have to grind to survive
he says he understands what I am against
but wonders what I am for
truth freedom individualism
exposing the lies that cage
our individuality and maybe I am
wrong in my support of these things
and wrong because I won't embrace
the others who don't pay attention
somehow some part of the collective
is inevitable eventually but really
only want to resist the norm
at times to be strictly verbal
and just question what is blindly accepted
because truthfully my thoughts don't fit
and of course battles need to be chosen wisely
but one cannot always chose their audience
and some cannot handle the bending
of the fabric of the unintentional indoctrination
but once realized and not changed
it becomes willful ignorance
am I wrong
where will we be months from now
and how many imagined this day we sit on...