Friday, May 16, 2014

scent is rain

an hour early
but it is just how I roll
at times need time to prepare
for whatever is to come
is this writing automatic
who knows what is going
to get in my way today
a sound of startled birds
then their song
in through an open window
a passing cars or an accident that
hasn’t happened yet
a cool breeze up under the shirt
but the scent in the air is rain
how many times do I restart
the project of continuous writing
thinking I am the goalie of thought
none of them will get by
and how in the world
do we all get by
we just keep on
no matter what the struggle
grocery store employment
over 20 years hardly the plan
but plenty of time to think
and write and share
everyone should share their story
there is something great
everywhere no doubt surprises
in the corners of every mind…

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My mind is round... Can't find the corners... Wouldn't know where to start!