Tuesday, July 18, 2000

as close as i get

some come close
then others come even
closer not a selfish thought
desire merely to be heard
possibly appreciated
as a thinker a writer
or simply a compassionate
human some come so close
that it hurts to see them go
they may never know
why or what they even see here
no words then what do I hear
thoughts rush sit patiently wondering
when a close encounter
will have truth as it’s back drop
when someone will look into
these eyes for real
some come close
and realize they are in the wrong place
sometimes I am always dwelling there
thinking too much expecting too much
even expecting nothing at all
who are you who come close
show me your mind
still can’t understand my desire
to connect on another level
some close and I will hide
this time I am right here
dreaming about a random stranger
finding more there then
anyone I thought I knew…


No comments: