Monday, July 17, 2000

all thought hidden

can’t give what you don’t
already have yourself
remember though
nothing has been asked for
or blindly and silently expected
won’t risk it again right now
what do I even have left to give
at this point still trying to find footing
so much time spent spinning
both gold and brass shine
confused into thinking what I see has worth
only to realize it never had any
too many mistakes this soon
don’t need any more
can’t give you what you don’t already have
yourself what was it you can’t give
my lack of confidence keeps me stationary
so I write something down
that I might read at another time
or maybe never
at times thinking it’s crazy
to write this much
about what these eyes might see
who you are not what you have been
or where these eyes don’t judge
no matter what they might see
call me crazy but
would rather be crazy then
keep all the thoughts hidden…

No comments: