Tuesday, May 5, 1998

rain filled nights

rain filled nights
seems as though
we’re a month behind schedule
but I have
always hated them
anyway, conserving
energy tonight, need
it for tomorrow don’t ask
why or for what
reason the constant
rain is so late, but
it is so what can I
do, but enjoy and
the sky is painted
gray again, I can’t
mind too much
because I love to look
at it and study it
as if it holds so much meaning and
it may be empty
but to me it is full of
something and I watch
it fall like tears from
so many eyes and the
ears can’t hear and here
I am alone wishing and
waiting for someone
I know I could wait
for days, but I won’t
and a cigarette falls
to the ground a drop
right on the head and
it’s gone until the rain
ends in June and the
sun covers the moon
sitting smiling at the stars
breathing in and
out of my mind…

No comments: