Wednesday, May 13, 1998

surviving a lonely stretch

what is in my eyes that I have not spent
what in my mind caused the huge dent
as if it metal or something else
and the snow is much better as it quickly melts
some things hide deep down inside
so to my best friend I must confide
for he will not judge what I say or do
or the way that I feel when I don’t have a clue
as to where I am going or wherever I’ve been
and I don’t ever know when I’ll be back again
really can’t explain the words that I write
or the thoughts that I spin here late at night
when no one is around to make my smile wide
what else can I do, but run and hide
all that is gone now, once the snow melts
going in circles like those black leather belts
keeping my pants on not too loose or too tight
as I move away and steal into the night
but it hasn’t started to smile
and as for sitting I’ve been here awhile
longer until these some thoughts run away
far from this mind is where they must stay
because they’ll say how sad and I think it untrue
can’t help it that sometimes I get tangled up in that blue
of the sky hasn’t been here for days
and the things that I do I do in different ways
and it isn’t better or worse for that matter
for choosing a position I would stick with the latter
of two or three or seven eight and nine
I am just quiet won’t waste words or their wine
and I know I miss out, heard it tastes good
and all of these thoughts are kept under a hood
or hat or even my hair
and if you can’t see them doesn't mean they aren't there
and what if I told you that tomorrow’s not real
or I found a bank from which we can steal
or take or give or burn
why waste time trying to earn
and up on the mantle I’ll be there not long
but I don’t sing so you won’t hear a song
just the scratch of my pen as it runs out of ink
and they never fill the pen enough for as much as I think
I don’t think I am right, but know I am not wrong
to hold on and so many people, not one not a pawn
or a piece of the puzzle, part of the game
no matter where I go, it’s all the same
can’t find a spot as comfortable as this one right here
just wish for release from all of my fear…

No comments: