Wednesday, May 14, 1997

quite nice

it’s May weather we can
believe it or not the same
this time it will be different
strokes the cat and it purrs
unlike the engine in the car
roaring like a lion on my back
to the point me in the right direction
don’t quite fit need a smaller size
not too big bad wolf blow sand into another
thought of two feet of snow
in a matter of hours not only yours
only what you make of it
coming screeching to a halt at the edge
of the cliff can’t make me jump
the gun pointed at another friend
calling me the best at being the worst
idea I have come up with too many
false hopes to be a better
day after today is done
in the backyard chopping wood
you ride with me to the end of it all
makes sense when you stand back
and loo a little harder at first glance
you may misunderstand my words
forming one incomplete thought
at this moment feeling comfortable
sitting here and there you are that star
shining off that ink scar with much meaning
exactly what I say
wasn’t today quite nice…

No comments: