Saturday, May 17, 1997

across my back

across my back
up a bit of knowledge
I have suddenly acquired
a distaste for complex situations
drive me crazy
colored night sky above all dark shades
drawn down low and I see no light
a subtle light illuminates
in all things and if I look hard enough
I know I can find answers
to my own questions
do not hope for another beginning
from the final curtain falls on
all that was so simple
when I was a child
swimming from day to day
as the tire from the old oak tree
and as I grow I realize I have
not taken the time to notice
that tree in quite some time ago
I was so sad and alone
and I wish for your success on
your journey south
one of the few sane minds,
I know you will find happiness,
wherever you go you know
what to do and I envy this
the two will talk more when you return…

No comments: