Thursday, May 29, 1997

loose hat

loose fitting
pieces into place
the fork at the end
of another day becomes dark
approaches soon we will see night
here we sit
again you take off
into another night
you are gone off to get your groove on
slide to one side
of the story told
loud in your ear
bent to the point
lost behind too much makeup            
an excuse me for sounding blunt
tip grazes my skin
scarred for life
only what we make it
stop before I quit this place
now is gone off now to get your groove on
gray sky light my way to another
gray day after today was beautiful
thought came to mind
can handle physical pain
no more songs to sing
hear me slip out of sight
so bright light the way
until we are gone        
off to get your groove on
don’t you know more
questions at this time I will try
to make it clear
the clouds roll away
everything comes and goes away
from this spot
the table is broken
trying to walk straight
line drawn between you and I
a little bit envious of you
brilliantly talented
enough for all to notice now

you are gone off to get your groove on. . .

No comments: