Wednesday, April 23, 1997

vision i once had

no longer feeling guilty
is the verdict
is in and a murderer will
die a little bit every day
I wonder what today has to offer
a helping hand to those in need
a new way to look at things
are constantly changing
my clothes for the new day
brings a change of ideas
pass through my mind and are gone
to where the road ends...

spying on a friendly shop
until there is nothing to buy
the way
down there
goes another shooting star
upon which I wish
I could know the answer
my own questions
come and go until; there are no more
or less the point
where I lose my balance
has failed to keep me standing
with my toes on the edge
of the razor cuts my arm
shakes as I write
the wrongs that I have done
nothing to hurt anyone
know why I feel so bad?

blue sign saying center
of the universe is up ahead
off myself a little bit
confused tonight as I sit
and wait for the hour to come
sit near me and speak
in a tongue I can understand
what you see
me as I am motionless
picture painted pretty
close to what I thought
I knew what I was saying
that no one could see me
as I lay flat on the ground
below I see something move
around until you are certain
spot where I go
in circles until I reach
upwards to a new level
the uneven spots in my mind
what you have been told
so many that I am wrong
way down a one way street
leading me to a dead end
of another line
everyone up and ship them off
the point again
I see the sun
pokes it’s face through the clouds
up my clear vision
I once had it
all is lost…

No comments: