Monday, April 14, 1997

my friend


my friend
have you heard the news
me neither it is better this way
together as the jester wailed
sweating something terrible
fish jump out of water think he was
pleased with that
approaching a twenty second year
cannot see clearly where
the winding road is taking leading
not even sure if there is a road any longer
took a sudden turn a week or so
ago to avoid a tragic u turn
although pleased with the decision
I do not know
where this new wind will carry me
are you still having those dreams
random wedding bells ringing
green suit slickster in the back bobbing his head
to the music in your head
my only suggestion
lie flat on your back and
next time you see a homeless person
on the street corner begging for a dollar
talk to him for a few minutes instead
if he is ungrateful, he was only going to
waste it
if he seems content with your time then
throw him that buck and a firm handshake
it isn't his fault he's there
rolling out of bed with a smile
and maybe someday someone will catch it
next thing you know it is spreading faster than
ebola and everyone is smiling...
now wouldn't that be nice...

No comments: