Monday, September 12, 2016

many years

told about a certain
special aspect of being
told by my father
one day inherit
the good fortune of family
enjoying forty plus years
now and then nice
to hear that the family
enjoys as much my company
as I do sit silent by the fire
with my dad the bond is tight
like the bricks on the fire-pit
circle of heat cooler night
nearly perfect three quarter moon
moves into view from behind the tree
it’s the one in the corner
hovering about the waterfall
the pond holds it’s position too
so much to get lost in
enjoyment used to be the neighborhood
baseball field used to have a tree house
and hours of fun even now
those memories still palpable
sitting in the new grass
cool air makes the grass seem wet
don’t even mind this is probably
the best I have felt in years...

No comments: