Tuesday, September 6, 2016

dank night

entering hurricane season
or already there even if
none of them hit us head on
remember all of them
from years passed
always a name
remember Gloria when
I was eight
then Bob when I was 15
Gloria left a crater
in the woods when a tree
was completely uprooted
the hole was the size of a small car
but I was eight so the memory
might be exaggerated
somewhat foggy after a day
in the dank air all around
hurricane air quality
humid with a slight chill
hoping that properly describes
what it feels like on the page
and on my sweatshirt
got another on the way
because I always end up
wearing things out and I want
to have a back up
into the corner of the garden
filled with statues of angels
guarding and all it’s flowers
surviving one season after another...

No comments: