Saturday, April 25, 2015

up over that hill

two weeks left
until a day everyone
seems to dread
on the other hand
desire to feel as though
it's only another
beginning
powering out over the hill
and right across the field
to the horizon
two weeks won't change much
except the number
enter into a new decade
of living some say the number
represents perseverance
still others say its when the soul wakes up
the shaken soul stirs within and anticipating
a meeting with the mind
it prepares for an encounter
two weeks from now I will thank my mom
for loving me so much
try daily but in case I forget
remember the day again in two weeks for her
genes and hard work gave me this mind
reinventing itself questioning itself
reaching to find the understanding within the self
the mission to continue up over that hill
and reach out endlessly putting down words
faster than the pen can write
even if I am wrong...

No comments: