Tuesday, April 21, 2015

thought between rooms

half as much as I would like to be is
twice as much as I am
so I have a lot to accomplish
think it came to me standing
without pen in hand
stored just a moment
and a thought not entirely connected
to anything like a stray thought
came to me moving between rooms
seems like every night
finding a different place to sit
find a different light to use
illuminating ideas onto pages
told the kids to question everything
that they cannot prove themselves
maybe I am wrong still believe
telling them the truth is the best option
and of course only my opinion
but be one in one million
whatever that might mean to them standing
in the kitchen where I grew up
except completely different now
it might be more about being aware
and using logic and reason
still I might be wrong
not exactly a shining example of a success story
unless success is doing what I want
follow the wooden path or brick or blaze my own
asking questions the entire journey
wherever it leads the mind
take it further and farther if I let it go
realizing what remains
after all have settled in
the only one left awake...

No comments: