Thursday, June 29, 2000

saw him sitting lonely

some people think
he might be a lunatic
still trying to figure out
what I think
what is a suitable label
is one actually necessary
saw him sitting lonely
thought I would sit
for a cup of the city’s finest
coffee still unsure
what city we were in
figured eventually it would
come up in conversation
and if I wanted to know
what he thought bad enough
probably should have asked
did not ask and in a strange way
felt like I knew this man
always alone walking that line
nothing to prove
and some would still
call him a lunatic
push him to the side
and one that doesn’t matter
twenty-first century hippie type
faded ink on his arms
permanent most but
some random ink stains
from the pennon the page
seeing a tear in his eye
wondering which was the thought
troubling his mind
don’t dare ask as he has
not even addressed me
since I sat down…

No comments: