Wednesday, March 5, 1997

upswinging journey

cut down another lumberjack man
ready to take the life from the innocent tree
belmont bleu won’t stop talking about fascism
can’t really understand why he worries
about what mr. texaco man thinks
been talking to his friend arthur about it
for about an hour now

the blade spins and shakes
makes me a bit uneasy
finally realizing starbuck
just wasn’t strong enough to insight mutiny
would make a great captain
never did ask herman what richard meant to him
nothing more than a sea dwelling devil
that’s what I think about that
what do I know
and look no one has a clue
what am I talking about
now the man in black arrives
his cross trying to convert me
my mind is too strong for his scare tactics
will not be taken prisoner by his cloth and book
stories made up and meant to teach
I was taught to fear and I will not fall
from my spot now
no longer afraid
he can do nothing to sway me
know you are with me on that
unless otherwise notified
meet me on the down side
of the upswinging journey. . .

No comments: