Thursday, March 13, 1997

nothing concluded 41

walking backwards
and I can’t see
where am I headed
nowhere no doubt
too fast

ending up
side down
but turning
each side
to see what is to be seen

no one can tell me
what it is
that one painting
is like no other
inspiration comes from somewhere

brushed strokes
illuminated by
the golden eye
of the universe
can’t name the color

spot still surrounding
my sight when I
close my eyes
thought on one
far from here now

days counting
backwards to reach
the day when I
travel again
to watch the moon rise

and setting
thoughts cleansed
long walks with mother
sitting by the stream
being

nothing needed
but the voice
and the eyes
desire’s flood
receded completely

prostrated on
the hard wood floor
mother created
waiting for the moon
nothing concluded…

No comments: