Thursday, March 27, 1997

beginning from the end

after words are spoken
in a speech so highly regarded as nothing
can be of any help
me untangle the web where
I, the spider
wait anticipating what I may see
me as I stand below
us lies no answer, question
all that we are forced into believing
all is fantasy, all that is not
special enough
to be considered reality.

adventurous delusions
of grandeur, think
I am the king of random thought
I was right
in the middle
of a conversation leading
me to the water
cooling the fire, easing
the pain brought
on by creation
of thoughts
and actions
speak louder than
the constant pound
of the drum beat
the beast bursting within
the confines of an area
too small to contain
the years I have seen
better days
pass but today
is the tomorrow I
dreamed of yesterday.

remembering the idea
popping into my mind
stuck on one
out of a million or two
selfish for me to stick around
the corner, the action I despise
the thought of the cell
dwelling cold alone
I can conquer the world
is coming to an end, but
I do not recall the beginning
of another thought
I was right so many times
standing still at this moment
I hope in vain for answers
do not come
to me it is all one big question
everything I am faced with
the task of understanding
why I am here
the train whistle blows
out the flame that burns
us as we wait at the end
of the line drawing
footprints in the sand
bag hits me in the back
again.

beginning from the end
is quite near
to my side, I pull you close
the door
and remain silent
night, but wholly confusing
me with two
many words scattered
thoughts and things
always appear a little
strange simple sign
on the side of the road
leading me to the start
from the beginning
of the story
told in a round about way
off the point now
and then realizing nothing
makes sense words
whirl to the end
of another thought
I was right again
I am wrong
answer my friend
is gone.

so young I was
stuck on thinking
about you are my desires
gone
down to the station
of the cross where
I learned to believe
me I have changed
all of the dollars I had
but one thought
for sure this time
will not wait
a moment and I will explain
this to me and straight
the crooked pathways
leading to the same spot
where we stood
holding hands
waving good-bye
at the corner store
up all the things I need
an escape...

No comments: