Friday, March 29, 2019

Seven Years Ago

My life completely changed 7 years ago tonight...  At that time I lived in Hanson, MA and worked a part time job in Plymouth, MA.  For the sake of re-hashing everything in my mind which happens from time to time anyway, let's just say it was the worst 6 hours of my life.  In that time though I realized that everything about my life was about to change.

And did it ever change.  Shortly after that night I moved to Pembroke and rented a room from my friend Joe.  After 2 years I decided to move back to Brockton with my family in the compound we all call home.  

Since 2014 I have been back at my childhood home in Brockton.  The house is double the size it was when I was a kid and my sister, her husband and their 2 girls all call this place home along with myself and my parents.  We all share the cost of living in such a huge place and we all have plenty of room.  Not far down the road my brother and his two boys live in the house where my grandparents lived for nearly 50 years.  I love my family and the fact that we are all still so close.

There are parts of my pre-2012 life that I will always miss, but walking away when I did and not looking back is something I will never regret.  I am in a better place with myself and now hold down 2 great jobs that keep me busy enough to be more than content.

and now for my Zen moment




No comments: