Wednesday, March 2, 2016

IHOP kind of morning

somewhat like the old days
no ash tray on the table
clear the air a bit
music isn't as torturous
but still as loud
just loud enough
to muffle the others
conversations not many here
so early rain came down
hard this morning
kind of day might clear
by afternoon might rain
all day hard to tell from here
somewhat like the old days
no one I know expected
to join me in those days
someone would see my car
and stop in for a cup of coffee
as if it was my place
which it wasn't and I didn't
mind the stop by and I lived
nearby which made it
a cool spot to kill
30-60-90 minutes
depending on the mood
somewhat the same
but also very different
now as no one rushes to speak
to me old enough
to be left alone at last
supposing I didn't want to be
bothered somewhat like
every other Wednesday
morning with some rain
and a pot of coffee to myself...

No comments: