Monday, March 7, 2016

don't doubt this pen

doubtful that this pen will
earn me lots o money
but why should I give up
what else would I do
with all these thoughts
Tycho Brahe proved the stars
are in the same spot in the sky
night after night after night
his proofs are forgotten
as present day science
longs to be lost in space
doubtful that many or any
would even know Brahe or Sagnac
or Aries failure or what they all proved
and remains uncontested
not taught but nearly forgotten
swept under some rug
to be discovered twenty years later
doubted by everyone around
although no one has ever seen
the great water humps
the oceans are said to be
and I still can't get over the flatness
of the scene at the beach
everyone sees it too
and somehow I am supposed to believe
no one wonders doubting
and challenging everything
taught real or true
or right before our eyes
not doubtful at all
that this pen will point
me in the right direction...

No comments: