Wednesday, December 16, 2015

cold night ninety-two

can feel the cold
even before I put
myself back into it
it's what I do when winter comes
and I don't want to sit inside
brave the cold numb fingers
without gloves thoughts
stuck on the crazy world events
only technology tells me it's real
I don't actually see any of the insanity
going on in the world from where I sit
am I wrong I do feel the cold
sitting on a pillow on the floor of my room
before I step outside for a little smoke
a little mix up hoping to put some of it
to rest soon we shall see small steps
to big gains everything counts
and most of it matters
even before I get out into the cold...

once here exactly as would be imagined
spot will warm as I sit and absorb
the end of a second day of rest prepared for
holidaze as no rest until it is upon us
like the cold on this December night
so many before it but none like this one
upon me at this moment lucky to be feeling
the cold while drinking hot coffee
most everyone winding down for the night
getting ready to sleep this mind doesn't soon
stop to rest funny how I do not dream
or remember them while awake and
if I can't remember them you're
gonna have a tough time convincing me
I do can you see my breath in this
cold as I do thicker with some smoke
a little mix up medley black swan
above silently soaring looking down
to white knuckles gripping the pen
nearly tearing the page but won't tear up
over the age of the hobby or pastime or
passion gift curse infection addiction
to documenting everything
gotta keep things straight in case
they shut off my memory
still don't think I could forget
the feel of cold nose and fingertips
as I explain myself to no one
and anyone who listens or catches
a word or two lost and at the same time found
myself writing out back in the cold
where it all began...

No comments: