Wednesday, November 11, 2015

same room different room

a year ago having
just come home
where I grew up
came back to a place
with a faith base
so to speak
a year ago having not much
faith in higher powers
still felt the faith in my family
helped me make the right decision
to come back home
from where I slept uncomfortable
sleep better than ever now
same room different room
same house comfort level high
a spot I know well
a year ago having been called crazy
from a distance some will now see
that crazy up a little closer
but I am the crazy one
admitting that some of my beliefs
have indeed changed
one year ago having seen things
a little different and mother
being sick was not the catalyst
for this change started before
any of us even knew
glad the decision preceded
the diagnosis...

No comments: