Sunday, November 29, 2015

cross legged like a desk

legs crossed like a desk
on the deck sun beyond
the horizon light slowly fades
and the chill begins to set in
almost December almost
another new one
coming right in as if invited
as if we have a choice
and there will be lots said
about choice in the next year
but we can only really chose
to be happy each moment
legs crossed until I have to switch
because one leg becomes numb
under the moving weight of a heavy hand
ugly under sight for sore eyes
might understand the hard work daily
have to make a living somehow
to enjoy living in some way
other than what some boss wants
finally switched the desk leg
and the angle isn't the same
somehow I will figure it out
for now while I still have light
while awake and I still have some
fight in me for today
who can really say
no one sees me cross legged like a desk
in the shoe city at dusk...

No comments: