Monday, August 31, 2015

refer to the random

as long as I have known doing what I once dreamed
far from where I thought I might be
as long as I can be here with pen in hand
the thoughts keep coming despite
laws against freedom something I enjoy make the most
of this time here not calculated using
mathematics or any scientific nature please
refer to the random explosions, creations
to inter-finity well beyond the scope of accepted
reality we exist spinning wobbling orbiting moving
they tell us to pay our taxes vote and to quiet down
are we always going to believe everything they say
not questioning everything anyone tells you is
certain to win their praise
and not a productive way to bring about change
as humanity can no doubt be a positive force
far from what we see each day sitting still not moving
as it will become easier to see through lies
they might not want us to know what they won't explain
are they bluffing or hiding something important
certain are we that we know everything now
they will lull us back to distraction with a new smart phone
do not think for a minute that it hasn't been planned
not even a coincidence that we all fall for it
refer to the random creations, explosions
to explain how I tend to view
reality is sometimes what we alone create...

No comments: