Tuesday, August 4, 2015

doesn't have to be complicated

maybe I am merely
throwing back what I remember
as my brain whips through
everything up under this hat
thankful for so many parts
of this life and the crew
at this place I call home
close my eyes and let
the verbal camera
memory experiment begin
wherever it was I left off
the last time around I was
probably a writer too
much thought for the first
circle or round doesn't much
matter I suppose doesn't have to be
hard to comprehend just look
to the skies clear night
find a batch of stars
and call them your own
watch them for the rest of time
always there easy to understand
still miraculously unknown
the mind might even believe
the body is sleeping
sitting so still just under an hour
peaceful stare into a fire
mind twisting dreams
into the burning wood
eyes start to gain weight
smoke brought that summertime
feeling back again for a moment
floating in between sleep
and completely relaxed and unwound
despite being unknown
at the fire I built in the back yard...

No comments: