Wednesday, June 3, 2015

pre-Google search engine

most would get up and walk out
upon the thought but the smartest
guy I knew used to have some
of the greatest conversations with me
over my crazy logical observations
he always knew how to spin science
and show me how my eyes
were lying to me
been trying for years to reach him again
know people who still know him
know his address and letters have been written
and not returned with even a greeting
never felt the respect from him
that I felt for him but I know friendships
change and people go in different ways
no offense taken but would love to have
an adult version of some
of our twenty year old conversations
he was literally my go to search engine
before the invention of Google
not only that when everyone else
tired of the conversation he was willing
to dig down another layer or two
often I wonder how it feels to know
that you have left such an impression
that it has lasted more than a decade
without any contact amazing like the sights
seen from that red bull height
still wonder how much of his mind
he has explored by now
kinda figured though he must know
who he connected with
and who he rejected...

No comments: