Tuesday, May 19, 2015

outrunning my past

find myself out running
my past and winning
the race but sometimes
a reminder will pass
as the day pushes on
conversation or person
not seen in sometime
memory flashes to early days
find myself pausing a moment
to absorb any positive remembered
thought brought then forgot again
find myself glad to be where I am
back where I started for the most part
back in the shoe city where champions
dwell some undiscovered
in the corner of some neighborhood
in the west meadow still wondering
who settled here first before it was built
forty years ago might even stay
another forty maybe missing a lot
without seeds of my own
to sit with at night
maybe balance for sight
these eyes with third eye focusing
more each day
opening doors behind walls
and under floors
outrunning my past...

No comments: