Saturday, July 27, 2013

bring it with you

might really be lost  in all of this smoke
the clouds that are forming might actually provoke
a reaction to the reality of all that is broke
into all these pieces with a deep breath I won’t choke
where I have been don’t ever want to stand
wanted to start a fall and never land
near the water waiting buried in the sand
nothing was as it was planned
and it never is
especially in a crisis
I never married Isis
and now I know what the price is
don’t wear a watch so I look to the sun
always wanted to be that one
someone’s looking for are they all done
searching for years and I have barely begun
to unearth all of the tales to be told
midnight to early morning discovering thought gold
it might never get old
to be trapped in the fold
 
just bring it with you and I will be there
a long ride and lonely nights but never despair
value in a connection creatively care
nothing at all can even compare
so it won’t and I don’t think of it the same
don’t even think I would give it a name
call it some trouble without any blame
I call it the truth and that’s it’s real name
thoughts spin and I hover like helicopter blades
exploding putting a hole in the ground like a grenade
can hardly believe it’s been two decades
just bring it with you the positive we made…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty sure this is my favorite so far;-)

Anonymous said...

Really good...

Anonymous said...

I like this more & more every time I read it..... & I've read it a lot!