Thursday, November 6, 1997

sunlight through clear glass

1106/1997

and the days pass like the sun light through clear glass
night hours dragging on with the weight of four thousand days
and I was

eleven now some eight thousand days pass
and where am I what I always hope to be or
not exactly what I thought I knew then what I know now
it all makes sense but I still won’t stop to get caught in a
stare at the clock and I still can’t see where
hands are getting colder

as we move closer to complete darkness at ninety degrees
north, not as far up the sphere so not worried about the sun
never rising or falling it’s all the same few keep ringing my mind
out like a wet towel and it won’t come dry
leaves crackle under the stampede
on a leg of the table

quite uneven
if I can’t get there until tomorrow I will make it
if I try to make anyone see my point
that I know what it takes to solve all the world’s problems
om mani padme hum a little song with so much power
invoke the most high avaloketishvara

supreme compassion and still living today I smile at
all who pass a stone with writing on the bottom of a page
numbered forty nine down and one to go
one hundred days ago wouldn’t have guessed I would be here
today and in that time from now don’t know

where I will be silent
sakyamuni is my close friend
understand my words don’t mean much to anyone
ask me and I will assure you
definitely an escape from emotion
not much of an expression, but an escape from personality...

No comments: