Friday, July 25, 1997

sitting next to a serial killer

twitch in his eye
know what he meant to say
that he was would be an assumption
would not directly ask him what kind of work he does
not answer smiles cracking his knuckles
with this I knew I shouldn’t have left my bed
who is this strange man
and why did he choose me to sit with
and tell his story
goes a little something like this
and that is what I am
his outlet to the world
can not put him down any longer
I sit and wait the more impatient he becomes
show no fear for I realize I will not be harmed
by this man he would have never sat down
if I was in any sort of danger…
so strange to hear his tale and
know what he hopes to escape from
now on I will look at things quite differently
strategically positioned close to the highway
and loving where he lives because it is a
comfortable neighborhood the man told me that
people would be found all over this
wonderful city and how it will change
the attitude of everyone
will see things a little clearer
once he completes his masterpiece
an artist is what he said he is
I could see the truth
is he never told me what he has done
or will do
feel as though I could read his mind…

No comments: