Monday, December 16, 1996

nothing concluded 2


alone I wait
what’s to come
crouched in the corner
watching
all who come by.

this spot
so familiar to me
my eyes
becoming bored
stagnant scene.

reading the great writers
those I deem great
what I think
meaning not much
to those with degrees.

holding above me
keeping me
below them
not fair
can I change it.

say what I must
to pass
their course
their rules
result.

rejected again
not good enough
they scream
with ignorant voices
don’t they remember.

behind a desk
red pen and grade book
ready to destroy
student
we are all students.

see their thoughts
so much to learn
too many rules
to follow
break the mold.

hold strong
importance in all we say
everyone
so much to say
when will they listen?

take me as serious
as another
won’t kiss your ass
for one letter
doesn’t mean much to me.

my future
not in their hands
deep inside of me
dealing with what I must
to get by.

not as complacent
as another
won’t be put down
much longer
nothing concluded...

No comments: